Intellectual Property & Trade Law
We advise many Turkish and foreign clients in relation to various types of commercial contracts for many different sectors. We mainly focus on commercial contracts for sale and purchase, agency and distribution, services, licensing, development, marketing, manufacturing, outsourcing, maintenance and support and online terms and conditions. We provide our clients a full-service from feasibility and strategic planning, drafting and negotiations to implementation and contract management and termination.
Our corporate team has the skills, experience and resources to provide comprehensive assistance on all aspects of corporate transactions and projects. Included in the full range of corporate consultancy services are general corporate, business contracts M&As, employee benefits and executive compensation, taxation, compliance, disclosure and stock exchange requirements, real estate and environmental, commercial litigation and dispute resolution. We also provide legal advice and assistance in relation to liabilities of directors and managers.
We have experience in all aspects of bankruptcy and restructuring transactions, distressed lending and debt trading, distressed mergers and acquisitions, bankruptcy planning and litigation and all related matters. We provide restructuring-related services to borrowers/debtors, creditors, and other parties in complex restructurings and other matters involving financially distressed entities.
Foreign Direct Investment
We assist many multinational clients in their investments in Turkey. Our advice consists of legal information on the relevant sector, available types of investments and companies in Turkey, as well as giving legal assistance at every stage of the relevant investment.
We provide legal assistance to our clients in product liability cases including compliance with product safety regulations and product recalls.
Intellectual Property Law
The rapid development of international trade in the globalized world has increased the requirement for companies to protect the distinguishing characteristics of their own products and services. In this context, the Intellectual and Industrial Rights Law has rapidly developed in Turkey, during which Kobaner has made theoretical and practical contributions in the field of Turkish IP law.
Some of the services provided by Kobaner in the field of Intellectual Property Law include:
- Executing investigation, registration, protection and transfer procedures of trademarks, patents, industrial designs and utility models on national and international scales
- Providing consultancy services regarding rights on trademarks, patents, industrial designs and utility models, as well as following litigations arising from disputes
- Copyright protection and license agreements
- Prevention of the abuse of trade secrets
- Providing consultancy services on intellectual property rights during mergers and acquisitions
- Drafting licensing agreements and providing consultancy services on licensing negotiations.